Thursday, March 02, 2006

One Irreplaceable Moment

I knew today wasn't going to be easy--work from 4:15 am to 11:30 am and then class from 2:00 pm to 7:30 pm. With the three hours of sleep I got last night, I thought today would be hell. And it started off that way. We were short staffed at work, and I didn't have the energy to be "legendary." Nor was I pleased about the lack of environmental consciousness among my coworkers (that's a long story). When I finally got off of work, I took 30 minutes to relax, using the rest of my time studying for a Russian exam; I didn't even have time to change or shower. When I finally arrived at school, I sat in an empty classworm working of my Russian vocabulary and reviewing the Mandarin I learned on Monday.

I left my Chinese class uninspired, craving sleep and cleanliness, unmotivated to go to Russian, where I knew I'd fail my exam and stress out about a language I have little incentive to learn. But when I left the classroom, I was forced to take in the view: Pasadena supported by a majestic mountain backdrop on a slightly cloudy, 70 degree day. It was sublime--spectacularly unforgettable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home