Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oscar Nominations

My predictions were about 85% right.

Best Picture (4/5) Capote was nominated. I guessed Walk the Line.

Best Director (4/5) Bennett Miller was nominated for Capote. I guessed Fernando Meirelles for The Constant Gardener.

Best Actor (5/5)

Best Actress (4/5) Charlize Theron was nominated. I guessed Ziyi Zhang.

Best Supporting Actor (4/5) William Hurt was nominated; I guessed Bob Hoskins.

Best Supporting Actress (4/5) Francis McDormand was nominated; I guessed Maria Bello.

Best Original Screenplay (4/5)

Best Adapted Screenplay (4/5)*

*Syriana was entered as an original screenplay and was nominated in that category. So really, I got 9/10 correct in the screenplay categories.

FAVORITE NOMINATIONS: Keira Knightley (Best Actress) and Darion Marianelli (Best Score) for Pride and Prejudice!
MOST DISAPPOINTING NOMINATION: Capote for Best Picture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home