Friday, January 13, 2006

Oscar Predictions

Though I haven't posted my 2005 Top Ten list--I still want to see a few more movies, I thought I'd go ahead and present my predictions for the top 8 categories. I'll wait to predict my winners after the actual nominees are annouced.

BEST PICTURE
Brokeback Mountain
Crash
Good Night, and Good Luck
Munich*
Walk the Line

BEST DIRECTOR
George Clooney ~ Good Night and Good Luck
Ang Lee ~ Brokeback Mountain
Paul Haggis ~ Crash
Fernando Meirelles ~ The Constant Gardener
Stephen Spielberg ~ Munich*

BEST ACTOR
Philip Seymour Hoffman ~ Capote
Terrance Howard ~ Hustle and Flow*
Heath Ledger ~ Brokeback Mountain
Joaquin Phoenix ~ Walk the Line
David Strathairn ~ Good Night, and Good Luck

BEST ACTRESS
Judi Dench ~ Mrs. Henderson Presents*
Felicity Huffman ~ Transamerica*
Keira Knightley ~ Pride and Prejudice
Reese Witherspoon ~ Walk the Line
Ziyi Zhang ~ Memoirs of a Geisha*

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
George Clooney ~ Syriana*
Matt Dillon ~ Crash
Paul Giamatti ~ Cinderella Man
Jake Gyllenhaal ~ Brokeback Mountain
Bob Hoskins ~ Mrs. Henderson Presents*

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Amy Adams ~ Junebug*
Maria Bello ~ A History of Violence*
Catherine Keener ~ Capote
Rachel Weisz ~ The Constant Gardener
Michelle Williams ~ Brokeback Mountain

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
The 40 Year-Old Virgin (Judd Apatow and Steve Carell)
Crash (Paul Haggis and Robert Moresco)
Good Night, and Good Luck (Grant Heslov and George Clooney)
Match Point (Woody Allen)
The Squid and the Whale (Noah Baumbach)*

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Brokeback Mountain (Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana)
Capote (Dan Futterman)
The Constant Gardener (Jeffery Caine)
Munich(Tony Kushner and Eric Roth)*
Syriana (Stephen Gaghan)*

* Not seen

Just for kicks, I'll post my ballot in a few weeks. Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger renee said...

finally saw P and P. LOVED it. It made my year.

Hope you're well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home