Saturday, January 14, 2006

interesting turn of events

I finally spoke with my placement officer, and it looks like I'll probably accept the invitation. She did a great job selling me on this program. I even signed up for Chinese 1 (Mandarin), but I will continue taking Russian. In fact, I have them back to back. I now believe I am insane. But to learn more about China and Peace Corps, I ran out and bought Peter Hessler's book, River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze, which is all about his two years teaching university-level English with the PC. I almost don't want to put it down! And I really can't be too displeased at the real possibility of indoor plumming.

Friday the 13th indeed!

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Oh, that book is so freaking good! It's on my reading list, of course. I'm so excited you're probably going to accept the invitation...if you did, I'd have two people to visit there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home