Wednesday, March 22, 2006

lost in Joe Wright's interpretation

I've been able to accomplish very little the last few days after having downloaded Dario Marianelli's brilliant and haunting score to Joe Wright's Pride and Prejudice. According to itunes, I've listened to the album more than 20 times in the last week, and each time I experience something new, something liberating, something heartbreaking. It's not unusual to be moved to tears listening to it.

But I wasn't satisfied simply listening to the score. After familiarizing myself with the soul of the film, I wanted to revisit the movie again, but I lent my copy to a friend earlier in the week. Luckily I borrowed a copy from Scott, and spent the weekend watching it three times. I loved this film when I first saw it and think it's the best movie of 2005, but I'm only beginning to see just how brilliant Joe Wright's P&P is.

See it. Listen to it. Fall in love with it.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Is it time again to read the novel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home