Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Latest Happenings.

Sorry if it's been a long time since I've blogged. I haven't had access to my page for nearly a month now. If you add that to my inherent laziness, you'll understand why I haven't updated in a while. But a lot has been going on here.

One night I was a momentary rock star, singing and playing the guitar on stage at a club. I was really nervous when I first went up since I hadn't played the song in four years, but by the end of the first verse, I felt like I was in my element. I wouldn't exactly say I rocked the house down, but my friends were proud of me, and so was I.

So far I've mastered the first 10 moves of a 75 move tai chi routine. My teacher is a retired professional in this martial art and hilariously smokes a cigarette while flawlessly performing the movements. He says if I practice regularly, in two years I will return to Meiguo (the US) and be an instructor. We'll see.

It's getting cold here, though Cayce tells me it's much warmer this year than it was last year. My semester is nearly over, and I will finish before Christmas, even though the semester doesn't actually end until mid January. Cayce doesn't end until the week after I do. So it looks like I'll have an 8 week holiday, which will be nice if I don't get bored. I do have a training to attend in Chengdu and plan on traveling for some of it but not for the whole thing. But I'm not complaining. If I'm smart I will use that time to lesson plan.

This weekend I'm heading to Tianshui, just four hours south of Lanzhou. It'll be my first time outside of the city, and I'm looking forward to break. And while you're all celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday, the PCVs in Lanzhou must wait to celebrate on Saturday. If it doesn't rain, there might even be a football game, but as I'm co-hosting the event, I don't know if I'll have the time to play unfortunately. Either way, I'm looking forward to spending the holiday with my PC family.

I have some pictures I want to upload, but my internet connection's been suspect the last couple of weeks, so I'll try to post them in the future. I guess this is what it means to suffer in the PC. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home